Wednesday, May 18, 2011

viva mexico....

Kelly and I are currently on a vacation in Cancun. It's our first trip in a long time and our very first one out of the country. I not only have a passport (my first) but now I have a stamp in one! :) We are celebrating our anniversary a bit belatedly, but it's worth it. My sisters had traveled to this area in the past year and after doing a lot of research and planning, it is fun to be somewhere tropical. Sometimes you hear scary things about Mexico but this area we are in is very safe for tourists, and our resort make us feel very secure.

We are staying in a gorgeous tropical resort that is amazing. I feel completly spoiled and pampered and at times feel guilty for it. We are staying at the Valentin Imperial Maya resort just south of Cancun. As I am taking a few minutes to type this I hear birds chirping on the terrace and tropical flowers everywhere. Our kids wanted to see pictures, so when I get some time I will post about our adventures.












Our first day we arrived in Cancun about 3:00p.m. Our transportation met us at the airport and we were at our resort in thirty minutes. We were met with cool towels, and champagne. They always look at you strange when you don't drink at these all inclusive resorts. Our room is beautiful and air conditioned. With mid 80's and humidity, the air conditioner is great. I love our resort, it's part jungle and part beach. It's beautiful villas with pools and restaurants all spread out. Most of the time when we are walking around the resort we feel as if we are the only ones there. It's very peaceful.