Thursday, May 19, 2011

day 4...horseback riding

Today we were taken to a nearby beach club to go horseback riding. We had a little bit of a wait before they were ready for us so we relaxed on the beach. I can't get over how beautiful the beaches are here. There is always a great breeze down by the water which makes me not notice the heat.



As I mentioned earlier I have not had a lot of experiences on horses. I told our guide I wanted a gentle obedient horse, basically one that worked on auto pilot. He had a good time teasing me, telling me all his horses have names like Jack the Riper, Lucifer, WidowMaker and so on. We had to wear a little wristband to show we had priveleges at the club for the day and our guide joked that it had a GPS in it so when my horse came back alone, they could come find me. What a comedian!!


I was given a horse called Poker. His nickname is apparently pokey poker which made me feel a lot better than widowmaker. He did really well except for the last half of our ride. Then his cruise control started malfunctioning, he would slow way down and amble along, then all of the sudden start trotting to catch up. My balance and grace is non exisitant so I'm sure everyone got a laugh at me trying to stop the running horse and convince it to speed up a few minutes later all while trying to stay upright in the saddle. Kelly's horse was named Simba, and it liked to stop and eat. I identified with it quite well actually, especially if they would chocolate coat all the foilage around here.


We had a great time on our ride, part of it was on the beach and part went through some jungle areas. There was only one other couple with us and three guides. They must have been forwarned I was coming and made sure I had sufficient supervision. Now we are back at our room relaxing and getting ready to go out to one of the restaurants here for dinner. So far we have tried a seafood one and an indonesian one. It's strange to come to mexico and have different types of food. We have italian, mexican, french, japanese and a steakhouse left to try.



Thanks for your comments, I feel bad for our friends back home who have had nothing but rain. I wish all of you could be here with us. Friends would make this vacation all the more enjoyable. By the way, ignore typo's and mispellings. I didn't realize how much I depend on spellcheck until I come to another country and it doesn't recognize English words. Everything comes back highlighted. :)

1 comment:

laurel said...

Seriously jealous.