Tuesday, November 1, 2011

who woulda thought...

If you would have asked me 12 years ago, if I ever thought I’d be teaching preschool again, I would have laughed at you.  Life has a funny way of making you change your mind about things doesn’t it?  When Ryan, Josh and Cassidy were little, I enjoyed teaching preschool in my home.  After five years of doing it, I thought I had moved on in a different direction with my kids and my life.  Now things have come full circle and yesterday I completed my first day of teaching preschool yet again.

I am teaching at a preschool just over a mile from my house on MWF while the kids are at school.  It came about so quickly and out of the blue that I still have to shake my head about it.  I have spent the last week and a half in a whirlwind trying to get organized and ready.  My sister Lucy in Indiana, shipped all my old preschool stuff that I gave her when I was through teaching, and my other sister Rachael had quite a bit of things she has collected over the years.  Organizing all of that, plus getting new things together has kept me running.  

This preschool is in a beautiful old building that has been recently remodeled.  Most of the classrooms were painted a generic tan, and when I saw the classroom that was to be mine I knew that had to change.  I didn’t want to wait on their time table to paint it for me so I volunteered my family to help.  Saturday, Kelly, Josh, Cassidy and I spent over ten hours, painting, organizing and decorating this room.  It is so cute, I need to take pictures. 

I had to laugh that my first day was Halloween, the kids were crazy as to be expected, which means it can only get better right?  I am amazed how things have fallen in to place and even more so, of how excited this endeavor has made me and how much fun I had yesterday.  Who indeed would have thought?

3 comments:

amberly said...

you are the best ever.

laurel said...

That is so cool. Austin loved your preschool. I am sure the kids will love you!

The Johnsons said...

I want to see pictures of your classroom and your new haircut!! I miss you!