Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Living Christ...

At the beginning of the year the Stake Young Women Leaders, challenged the girls to memorize "The Living Christ" (moms were also invited). Cassidy and I took on this challenge and although in the beginning it seemed too daunting of a task, we completed it. What an incredible opportunity it was for me to work with Cassidy on this goal. Every Sunday we would sit down and learn the next part. There are a lot of passages that we would sit and talk about their meaning and often we would end up a little teary.




On Saturday,the day before Easter, we as a stake went up to Temple Square. We watched the movie "The Testaments" and then walked up to see the Christus. We all gathered around for pictures, then turned and while looking at this beautiful statue, recited "The Living Christ". To say it was amazing experience wouldn't do it justice. To have all these voices united in reciting these beautiful words gave me chills. I was so happy to be standing with Cassidy , it will be an experience we will always remember.

(The Stake)

Our Ward group

Afterward, we walked around Temple Square and had fun looking at the flowers and taking pictures. It was a great way to start my Easter and remember my Savior and the real purpose of this celebration.






(Thanks to RaeAnn who I borrowed, ok flat out stole, some of these pictures!!)

5 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

You can't steal something I would gladly share. Glad I could experience that amazing moment with you.

marshallmadness said...

That sounds amazing. I've thought that memorizing the Living Christ would be way to hard. I guess I just need to put forth the effort. I just have to get to get all her scripture mastery scriptures passed off first.

Kristin said...

That is so neat! What a great experience!

The Johnsons said...

What a beautiful mom and daughter!! Good luck on finishing!! What an accomplishment!

laurel said...

Seriously? Awesome.....and Alex and his school class just memorized the Living Christ and are going on the 13th to do the same thing!

Glad it turned out so well. It makes me even more excited to see Alex! Miss you Val. Hope you are doing okay.