Wednesday, August 31, 2011

get out your hard hats....

Today I realized it was probably a good idea to organize some closets around here.  We had a pest control service (a.k.a. the bug guy, as Mark says) come for a routine spraying.  He did a more thorough job inside than usual.  When he came today, I don't think he thought his life would be in danger.  He opened the pantry and got beaned by a broom and a cereal box.  Oops.  He opened the game closet and had a quick save as a board game or two tried to escape.  Great reflexes on this this guy.    Then there was the large costco size package of toilet paper that was compressed and held hostage in the upstairs closet.  Upon it's release, it erupted into the hall and wouldn't allow the door to be shut again.  I think he was worried he'd break the door, I from experience, knew this wouldn't be the case so I just gave it a gentle nudge ( ok a huge shove) and it closed quite nicely.  I caught him before he opened the linen closet;  I had seen the tower of towels the kids had precariously placed in there yesterday and couldn't see that going well.  He did learn something by the time he opened the coat closet and stepped back first.  Amazingly, nothing came flying out of that one. 

Did I mention I did vacuum, dust, scour and clean all the rooms today?  I didn't think the closets would be investigated and truth be told around here we just take protective measures every time we open a door so we don't think too much about it.  :)  Next time I will have hard hats available at the door with a sign that says, "open doors at your own risk."

3 comments:

laurel said...

You crack me up! But, thanks a lot for reminding me that thins needs to be done at our house too. You know it is time when you have more junk drawers than ones with a function.

Michelle said...

Too funny Val. I always love reading your posts. You make every day life so hilarious.

laurel said...

I am having a give-a-way on my blog. Who wins is based on who has the best "dumb thing I every did or had happen to me" story. I really think you could win because you have such great stories and a way of telling them. Check it out.