Wednesday, August 24, 2011

happy birthday mark!!!



My baby turned double digits today!  Having him turn a decade old the same week Ry goes to college makes me feel my age and then some!!  We missed having Ry at the party.  We celebrated yesterday because today schedules were crazy and Mark was happy to open presents a day early!  We went out to Brick Oven, Mark's favorite restaurant, and had fun watching him eat all you eat pasta and a chocolate mousse pie for desert.  We then came home and he opened his presents, his favorite being a DS game from his sister and his motor scooter. 

Today I took his class in treats and kidnapped him for lunch and we went to subway.  Lots of fun memories.  Today on the way to lunch we were talking about his negative attitude toward reading and how we needed to read this afternoon.  He said, "If I had a Kindle I would love to read!"  I do not have a Kindle and have no idea how he knew about them.  I asked why a Kindle is better than a book and he said, "cause you can't get paper cuts.."  There must be some story there that perhaps caused some psychological damage resulting in  all our reading grief? 

Happy Birthday Mark!!  I love you so much!  Thanks for always being so generous with your hugs and still letting me tuck you into bed every night. 

2 comments:

The Classy Kitchen said...

How funny! Perhaps makers of video games should make some sort of book games. Like a choose your own adventure action game. You read an intense book, with a choice at the end of each section, then the game can take over with combatting until it’s time to move on to the next section. I’m thinking that would be more cool than a kindle.

laurel said...

Happy B-day Mark! What an awesome cake.