Thursday, August 18, 2011

emotional forcast....


Cloudy with scattered showers throughout the day.  That describes my tear ducts and mood currently. 

Today Ryan left for college.  As I watched him load the truck and drive away I had flashbacks of him walking into the kindergarten classroom with his backpack and a big smile waving goodbye as the door closed.  I thought that was difficult, but it was just preparation for today.  Maybe today is preparation for a few months from now when he will leave for two years.  Time is such a precious thing and I haven't fully grasped how true that is until today.  I think growing up is harder on parents than anyone else. As things got tough today, I kept reminding myself that clouds and rain don't last forever and eventually the sun comes out. 

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm sorry, I know that's so hard! The leaving for school makes the leaving for the mission a little easier, so that's good. I'm thinking of you. Go have some chocolate!

The Johnsons said...

Time goes so fast when you don't want it too and so slow when you want to speed things up. I can't believe Ryan is going to college and his mission soon. It seems so crazy to me. GOOD LUCK!! We are thinking of you.

laurel said...

Right with you there sister. It is tough. Call me when you are blue. We can do ice cream.

erooskie said...

Dear Sister Christensen,

Thank you so much for letting me come over and hang out with Ryan so much this summer. :) You have raised an incredible son. I'm going to miss him a lot, too. It's weird, because I've seen him almost every day for the last long while, and now he won't be here every day. But just know that he has been an incredible example to me.

Love,
Beth

The Stanley's said...

Give Ryan our best wishes. He'll love it. It sure changes the dynamics of the house once the kids start leaving. (It makes me sad.)