Sunday, November 27, 2011

thanksgiving abc's...

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone.  It was great having Ryan home from college for the week and having all of us together again.  We had Thanksgiving at my parent's house.  They came down from Salt Lake and it was fun to gather and be together again.  Since they started their mission in September, even though they aren't that far away, our family gatherings haven't come as often and I find I miss them.  I miss my siblings that aren't in the state, especially at the holidays, Cora and Jeff, Seth and Anna, Lucy and Taylor and all of your kids, you were definitely missed!!  I stole these pictures from my sister Shelly.  She is so great at taking pictures at family events, and even though I hate being photographed, I am grateful for the fun pictures she manages to get which make great memories.

The past few years I have always taken a minute and listed what I am grateful for.  Even though I am a few days late, I wanted to take some time and make my list.  A friend of mine took each letter of the alphabet and found something she was grateful for that started with that letter.  As I am now a preschool teacher, I felt that was appropriate.  :)

A...autumn
B...bubble baths, books, blogging
C...Cassidy, chocolate, Christmas
D... daffodils, Disneyland
E...every day
F...family, faith, freedom
G...giggles, games
H...holidays, health
I...ice cream
J...Josh
K..Kelly, kids, kisses
L...laughter
M...Mark, music, missionaries
N...nature, naps
O...ocean
P...prayer, parents, preschool
Q...quiet moments
R...Ryan, rain
S...Savior, seasons, sisters
T...time
U...umbrella's
V...vacations, vacuums
W...washing machines,weekends
X... eXaltation
Y...yarn
Z...zoo (which is my family when we are all together)

2 comments:

laurel said...

Love it!~

I laughed when I got to yarn....my kids got into crocheting over Thanksgiving. They made so many things. Mainly on those loom things, some by the old fashioned way. I told them about you and all the amazing things you make. They were very impressed.

The Johnsons said...

Thanks for updating! I love reading your blog!!