Wednesday, May 18, 2011

day 3...at the beach


Today we planned a relaxing day at the beach. It's a short walk from our room and we are right on the water. I love all the walkways around here, they are all beautiful maintained.



We love to sit under a palapa, and just read and relax. The breeze was cooling and the water was incredibly warm. Again, it was quiet and open at the beach and for most of the day we felt like we were on our own private beach. We had a great waitress who kept bringing us tropical virgin drinks. The banana momma is our current favorite. They are getting used to seeing us and say..."sin alcohol" and we just nod and smile.







The weather has been so beautiful, although the humidity is having fun with my hair. Kelly is always laughing at what crazy curls I have each day. Tomorrow we are horseback riding in the jungle. Wish me luck. My experiences on the back of that four legged animal have not always been positive. My first experience was on my grandparents horse named speedy. He had trouble living up to his name, but I loved him. I could sit on his back and he would just stand for quite awhile and then I would get down. In College I had a life biology class and we went on an overnight horsebacking trip. I was the only girl on a horse named blondie, the five guys that came had to keep rescuing me as my horse had a mind of it's own and I wasn't sure how to "steer" it. Quite a few laughs on my behalf. Hopefully tomorrow I won't take off full speed in the jungle like some indiana Jones want to be. Maybe I'll discover another ancient myan site?

3 comments:

The Stanley's said...

I just caught up on your adventure. So beautiful! I can't wait for more. Have fun you two. I am very happy for you.

The Classy Kitchen said...

Val, it's beautiful! Now I want to go there!

Becky said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time. Your resort is beautiful. I'm glad you enjoyed your tour with Helaman. I would have loved to have him be our guide for those ruins. Good luck on your horseback riding. Enjoy the rest of your week. By the way you picked a perfect week to be gone. We haven't seen the sun all week. It won't stop raining.