Saturday, May 21, 2011

day 6...tulum and xel ha

Today we went on a tour of Tulum. It wasn't even close to the quality we had with Helaman. We should have scheduled with him again. Tulum is right on the coast. The water is so clear and beautiful you almost get drawn to the ocean views and disreguard the ruins. We saw lots of iguana's there, I think they have taken the place over. I never thought I'd say lizards were cute, but I'm kind of partial to iguana's. Who would have thought?






We spent the afternoon snorkeling at Xel Ha. A ecological park here. We saw all sorts of fish, and I was proud I didn't scream when than swam close. Of course I was worried about inhaling salt water at the time, so that could explain it. Kelly would probably like it if I snorkeled more often. I am actually still and quiet for a few moments. After listening to me non stop this week, I think he enjoyed the break. :)



I can't believe our week is coming to a close here. It has truly been so relaxing and remarkable. For my first international trip, I have loved every minute. It has been great to spend so much time with Kelly. Life gets so busy sometimes, that we don't always get time for just the two of us. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to take another trip before the next twenty years go by.

2 comments:

laurel said...

Jealous!

Rachael Anderson said...

Me too! So, so jealous! But I am very glad you are having such a great time and like the Valentin. Don't you now wish you would have made it a 10 day trip? :) Your hair is beautiful with all those curls, by the way. Love it. :)