Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring has Sprung....

Spring is finally here! (At least until the next snowstorm) Two good indicators...even better than the groundhog seeing his shadow six weeks ago...or was it not seeing his shadow....Anyway, my crocuses are out, and my house is quiet in the afternoons! There is color in my yard, and my kids have pulled out their shorts are are living outside! Cassie wanted to rush things a bit last Saturday, even though it was still a bit chilly. She and her friend Aubrey were selling lemonade at the corner of our circle. I told her it might be a little soon for that, but she said, "It's too warm for hot chocolate, but lemonade is good as long as we don't put ice in it!" It wasn't selling too great, so they decided to include free face painting with a purchase! I think these two girls have a great entrepreneurial spirit about them.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Looks sosososososooooo nice!! We can't wait until we can put the snow pants/boots away and bring out the bikes. We're waiting until April, I hope it comes soon!!

Dione said...

I love Spring! When we lived in Beaver, Spring was especially fun because of all the new farm babies! Spring is truly a rebirth!

Amberly said...

i have to say, if i had come home from california, i may have cried. i'm loving this weather! it feels like i didn't leave cali, but now i'm home. :) i'm in the process of blogging about my trip. its taking a really long time though. stay tuned!

The Stanley's said...

I don't have any bulbs. Can you believe what a bum I am. There weren't any when we moved here and I haven't planted any! But I do feel the warmth of spring in the air and it is lovely. We haven't pulled out the shorts yet but at least we don't have to wear snow boots anymore :)