Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The revolving door syndrome....



Some days that is what I feel like I live in...a revolving door. I clean one room and move on to the next and so on knowing soon I'll be through all the rooms and done for the day. I can visualize the finish line, a content happy place where life is peaceful and tranquil. I'd feel a great sense of accomplishment and enjoyment over my neat, organized surroundings. But low and behold when I round the corner to the room I began in....boom! I must have entered some parallel universe where order is replace by chaos.....no, that can't be right.....it must be 3:00 in the afternoon and the daily child paraphernalia explosion has occurred. There is a path of shoes, socks, books, backpacks leading into the kitchen where a variety of snack makings originate all over the counters and continue over the floors into the family room. There I see the culprits with the TV remote, feet up enjoying a sandwich! I must have some unsual perplexing expression on my face because I'm greeted with the same innocent question everyday... "hi mom, what's wrong?" I throw my hands up in the air and wonder when the moving door will stop so I can get off. It gets dizzy around here sometimes. :)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

When you find the EXIT, please let me know! You explained it soooo well!

Dione said...

Did you write this post for me?

Anna Marks said...

I've decided to stop cleaning then we can just all live in a mess and maybe one day some child might notice and pick something up. No, that is a fantasy as well.

I love the way you write! That is exactly how I feel as well!!

The Classy Kitchen said...

Val, you make me laugh!!! If I'm ever in need of comic relief, I just need to come read your blog! Thanks! That was thoroughly enjoyable. I need you to start writing my postings!

laurel said...

Wow. So true. Wow do you get out? I am afraid for me, the only way it will stop is if I fall down and I get crushed inbetween the wall and the revolving doors. If that happens, I hope death comes quickly.