Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Josh!!!

I wanted to take a personal minute and wish Josh a very happy birthday!! He is 14 today and I just can't believe where the time has gone. I vividly remember holding this nearly 10 pound baby with a full head of thick black hair. I remember how he loved pacifiers and as a toddler when we thought we had located them all in hopes of breaking his addictive habit, we would turn around and find him with another one and a triumphant smile on his face! We figured he had secretly stashed them all over the house, because for weeks, he kept finding more. He has kept that persistent personality trait, when he has wanted something strongly enough he keeps at it until he gets it. His biggest motivator has always been when someone has doubted his ability to do something, he has always proved them wrong. Josh is my biggest helper around the house. He has been my best babysitter, when Ryan was throwing up over changing diapers, little Josh just stepped in and took over. He was the one that would read books and play with Mark and Cass, make sure they were fed and in bed on time. Ry was great at making sure the house didn't burn down and everybody was still breathing. :) I've depended on Josh a great deal over the years and he has never let me down. He is always aware of what needs to be done and when, and hates to procrastinate, so things always get done early and without me having to bug him. Josh has a strong spirit and when he has had to give a talk, think of counselors for a calling or struggled with hard times in his life, he has always turned to his Heavenly Father. He is an example to me. Josh is the comic relief of our house. His crazy antics always leave us laughing or wondering where on earth he came from! He has coined phrases that we all end up saying like "freakin' awesome!" and "chillax".
Josh I hope you have a wonderful birthday! I love you so much and am glad your a part of our family. Thanks for your example of faith, perseverance, humor and service. I know there are many more wonderful things to come for you and to our family because of you!!

3 comments:

Dione said...

Can I adopt Josh? Congrats on raising such a wonderful young man! March seems to be the month of birthdays!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Josh! We hope you have a great day!! 14!! Wow, you sure have grown up fast, I met you when you were only 3!! We love and miss you!

laurel said...

Happy Birthday! He sure is a cute young man. Hey, I have a daughter...could we line them up for the future?