Monday, March 9, 2009

Josh's Priesthood Ordination

Yesterday was a great day. Josh was ordained a Teacher by his dad. Ryan was able to stand in as he is now a priest and mom got to cry her eyes out (as witnessed in the lack of makeup below!) I wasn't prepared for the emotion of seeing my two teenage sons all dressed in suits participating in this great event. Kelly gave a wonderful blessing which didn't help the water factor. I am so blessed to have these great children that were chosen to come into my life. When challenges come, memories from family gatherings and important events like those which happended this weekend can serve as a reminder of what truly is important.


Now that the mushy stuff is over, as my kids would say....on to a bit of humor. Josh is bound and determined to be taller than I am. Kelly took our picture to prove Josh was taller and dang it he was!! Even with me cheating at the time!

7 comments:

The Stanley's said...

Cute shoes, Val. I am with you on having righteous sons! What a blessing. :)

The Hurst Family said...

I love having two priesthood holders in the house. I imagine 3 is that much better. I love the shoes too. You always dress so classy. RaeAnn

Dione said...

Love, love, love those shoes!!!

Boys like yours is what moms like me are praying for - not only for my sons to emulate, but for my girls to marry! :o)

Dione said...

Would you mind replacing that -is- with -are-? Thank you very much!

laurel said...

First of all, those are great shoes! Congrats. I love it when the boys are so good.

The Brown Family said...

Val, you look so cute in that pic with Josh. And I have to agree with the consensus that those are some cute brown shoes.

I think that you should be cheering that your boys are so tall...my son may be my height if he's lucky...and I'm short. Just warning you, soon it will be Cassie...I'm completely towered over by Hills and Maddie.

Kim

Shauna said...

Wasn't it just yesterday that our boys were attending preschool together at your house? Josh is a neat kid! Congrats! and I love your shoes too!