Friday, March 27, 2009

I need a vacation!

Kelly has been out of town this week on a business trip. I decided it was a great time to paint and decorate my master bedroom and bath. After new paint highlights in my hair, rough dry hands, a split toenail (I had just painted them too!) and new muscle recognition from lots of hours climbing up and down a ladder I'm glad to say I'm done! It's so good to have my bedroom back. This room has waited many years for a make over and it's nice to see it all finished. We will see if Kelly likes it when he gets home. I'm ready to crash and sleep for a week, and if I don't hold a paintbrush anytime soon, that would be good too!

I was so grateful for a great friend who heard that I was painting from my kids and called to see if she could help. When I didn't answer the phone (because I was 14 feet up in the air at the time) she decided to go the extra mile and come over. When I didn't answer the door (because I was 14 feet up in the air and looked like something out of a horror movie ) she walked in, found me and announced she was there to work. I told her I was fine, I honestly tried my best to get her to leave but she insisted (amazingly this is a really sane person!) and spent her three free hours she has without kids helping me paint. I would have never survived that paint job without her. If that isn't an example of true service I don't know what is! It's one thing to offer to help at some future unknown date with a high probability you won't get asked. It's another to make a phone call to see if you can help and when they don't answer, say, "well at least I tried". It's completely another to break and enter a house where painting is occurring and then instead of running far far away as fast as you can, to stay and pick up a paintbrush! Christi, I can't thank you enough for being so stubborn! :) I am ready to take a vacation to my own bedroom and bath for a few days. Think my family will let me?



10 comments:

Dione said...

How Beautiful! Can I join you in your vacation? I could stare at your bedroom all day!

Anna said...

Wow Val!! You have been busy and everything looks fabuloso!!

Anderson Clan said...

It's gorgeous! What a shocker. :)

The Brown Family said...

That is awesome! Anytime I have tried to do something similar, I end up giving up half way and having my husband come home and pick up the pieces (and I have to listen to him mutter how it is better to do it right from the start and garbage like that!). I am in awe that you did it all by yourself...with the help of an angel friend.

I also had a great experience this week with a friend who did just the right thing for me. Isn't it awesome that we have great people in our lives??

Love
Kim

Melissa said...

Oh how I wish my room looked like that! I absolutely love the colors! (Maybe I can convince Christi to come and help me!)

Lucy said...

Val, the bedroom and bath look great! Wanna come to my house and help me!! I seem stuck in a rut right now!

Shauna said...

I love it! It's beautiful!

The Stanley's said...

Home Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is gorgeous!

laurel said...

You don't need to go on a vacation. You couldn't find a nicer place to stay than what you have right there. Totally in LOVE with the bench at the end of your bed. Wow! Great colors, great everything.

laurel said...

I was only accurate in my time estimates because I had the little clock on the you tube video telling me how long I had left. Without that, I could have sat there alot longer.