Tuesday, March 23, 2010

pondering...



Today I've been wondering:

why there are always crumbs in the silverware drawer?

why there is always an empty toilet paper roll on the dispenser and a full one rolling around on the floor?

why teachers assign parent assisted homework projects during Spring Break?

why you only notice you need to dust when company is over?

why broccoli can't taste like chocolate?

why when you make dinner, there is at least one child who takes issue with the menu?

why there are self cleaning ovens, dishwashers and washing machines but not self cleaning children?

So maybe today I've had too much time thinking about things as I've meandered around the house performing various tasks. But at least that means something is working up there in the vast recesses of my mind. What do you wonder about?

3 comments:

The Classy Kitchen said...

I wonder how your brain thinks the way it does! I think I'm too busy doing to even stop to ponder about all that flits through your mind! Self-cleaning children? What a novel idea! Brocoli can taste like chocolate. You just put chocolate in your mouth and tell yourself it is brocoli. Then record the calories for brocoli! And wa-la!

Anna Marks said...

I wonder why on earth NO one in the house can flush a toilet. Really?? Do I need self flushing??

I wonder why they can't stop being hungry, they never like what I make anyway and will come back for something else in 20 minutes. Food is such a temporary thing, why do I waste my like making it. I do wish I could stop. I'm not good at it, I don't enjoy making it and to me it's not worth the clean up, I'd rather starve. Why don't they feel the same? Hmm... I have food issues this week (especially after a week when they have all been home all day long placing their orders with this short order cook)

Are you sorry you asked what I wondered about?

The Andersons: said...

If you ever find those self cleaning children, let me know!!