Monday, March 1, 2010

Loved it...

I rarely recommend books, but after my ridiculous vacuum post, I'd thought I'd let you know that I do other things while I'm trying desperately to get out of house work. Reading is one of them. My sister gave me the book, These is my Words by Nancy Turner, for my birthday and I really loved it. It made me appreciate my life and the fact that I have vacuum cleaners, garbage disposals and just a life free from Indian attacks, snake bites and having children without anesthesia. It's been out there for awhile, but it was new to me, so if you haven't read it yet, maybe you should stay in your sweats for a day and enjoy. (Just keep the vacuum handy if surprise visitors should appear!)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I really enjoyed that book too. Did you know there is a 2nd & 3rd book? Sarah's Quilt and The Star Garden. I liked These is My Words the best. But I enjoyed the other 2 as well.

laurel said...

I thank you for the recommendation. Not sure if my hubby will feel the same since I have had my head in a book the past several months. Just finished another today. That makes 10 books in 2 months.

Melissa said...

I really loved this book too---I need to get something that good to read again--I've really lost my motivation lately!