Wednesday, March 31, 2010

addicted to technology..







Our home computer has had it's struggles, faults and downright failures; however, last weekend it decided to take it's last breath. We have one last chance resuscitation effort going on as our good friend and computer genius is looking at it. We are trying to salvage the data - you forget how much of your life is on a hard drive! In the days that have followed our return to the dark ages, life has been crazy.


With only one computer in the house you forget how often it gets used. At first the kids are complaining how they can't get on facebook and check their email. I tell them, "this is a good break", and they are too dependant on technology. Then I find myself eating my words as I need to send out emails for church things, help Cass do research for a paper. Ry and Josh need to type papers and fix school registrations. I need to pay bills and do research for a new computer!! I want to check out the weather or confirm plans for our Spring Break trip not to mention I have pictures to unload off my camera and post on the blog!

Suddenly, I am realizing just how darn convenient the black box is. In the meantime, we have purchased a laptop while we figure out what the destiny is for our other one. We haven't had a laptop before, just our family computer which is in the sitting room of our bedroom. I am hoping this will be more convenient for when the kids need to get on the Internet and paranoid mother that I am , require I be present when they do so. Now they can just follow me wherever I go. :)


After the last few days I have found that in addition to being addicted to chocolate I am addicted to the convenience of technology. How on earth did the pioneers do it? No GPS or weather information. What about blogging about life on the trail? How do you entertain children in a covered wagon or research how to cook with wheat? :) We are so blessed!

1 comment:

laurel said...

I love computers too. Without them I would not eat or have a place to sleep.

Yeah to Technology!!!!!~