Sunday, March 14, 2010

kids say the funniest things....


I have always been a terrible journal writer so when my kids said something cute, I never wrote it down and now it's lost out there in the vast space that once housed my memory! I decided when someone said something fun, I would make a quick post so I would remember it tomorrow and hopefully further down the road!

When Mark was asked about what he learned in Primary he remarked, "Noah and the Ark". We were so excited that we had moved past the generic answers of "choose the right, and keeping the commandments" that we typically heard from week to week. We asked him to tell us more about the lesson. He thought for a minute, and then said..."it was about a man named Noah who built an ark!" :) We will keep working.

Tonight at the dinner table we were talking and eating as usual. Ryan was putting gravy on his engineering feat of mashed potatoes and when it didn't hold and gravy erupted over the embankment, he mumbled something to his plate. Cassie said laughing..."my brother talks to gravy! He makes fun of me for talking to stuffed animals! At least stuffed animals have faces!" We all had a good chuckle at that.

2 comments:

laurel said...

Don't you just love blogs. So much easier than journals (more fun too). Like you, they are a great way to keep track of life. Someday, Ryan will need to be reminded of his food talking days and so will his sister!

Anna said...

Cassidy is so smart!! I love it! We sure had a great time seeing your awesome family this weekend. I sure hope I am as calm with teenagers as you seem to be. Good luck with the driving!! We love you!