Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thank You and an update

I just wanted to say thanks to all my family and friends for their support of my tough day yesterday. When I got online this morning and saw all the comments it made me not feel so ridiculous for leaving my purse in my car, and felt like the world wasn't all bad, that there are caring people out there. Thanks again for your support and friendship.

I'm afraid my tough day is all to common. It sounds like a lot of people have had their privacy invaded. Just as an update, we found a leather planner left outside the door they accessed to get into the garage. We opened it up and called the owner. His truck was broken into that night, and he actually got a glimpse of the thieves. He said that they (there was two of them) were on foot, and looked to be young teenagers. They were already to the end of the block when he got out in his yard to find out why the truck alarm was going off. It was about 3:30 a.m. Then yesterday evening, a man about a mile from my house called and said he had a bunch of cards, receipts and mail in his back yard that must have been thrown over the fence. He found something with my name and phone number and called me. I went and picked it up and realized that most of the mail was from several houses within the mile radius of my home. Some had been opened and some just left. I took them all to their respective homes to make the families aware someone had been snooping in their mailboxes during the night. Some of these owners had noticed that stuff in their garages and cars had been rifled through, but none of them thought anything valuable had been taken. So PG police had a busy day yesterday. I did get my library card, costco, health and dental cards back. But the id, credit cards, bank card and checkbook are still gone and they kept the gum! :) Some of you asked if they actually broke into the garage, and the answer is no. But they went along the side of our house, to get in through the "man door" as the police call it which happened to be unlocked. The large garage doors out front were down. We found a couple of flashlights on our property, so we think maybe ours was the last stop.

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

You should get the flashlights and run them for prints. :) I watch way to much CSI etc... :) Well I hope that this trial ends quickly and that you are able to get all the credit cards and stuff figured out.

laurel said...

Sheesh. Those kids were busy. I wonder if their parents noticed the were tired the next day and if they wondered why.