Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Short week in a nutshell

Today is the last day of school until next Tuesday. The kids are out on Fall Break. Normally you'd think, great a break from helping kids with homework, but no. They all have projects due first of next week so what it really means is more stress for parents to motivate their kids to DO their homework when they are on vacation. Who thought that was a great idea?

A couple days ago Mark woke up complaining below his ear hurt and part of his neck, I thought he slept on his neck weird, he complained about it off and on and then yesterday he woke up looking like he had the mumps on the left side of his face. I took him into the doctor and apparently his lymph node under his ear got infected, it was swollen to the size a bit larger than a quarter, the doctor said he hadn't seen one get that big. So he is on antibiotics and I hope they kick in soon, because he is in a lot of pain. In the fifteen + years I've been a parent I haven't seen that happen before.

I had been expecting a UPS delivery any day and this morning I looked up the tracking info only to discover it was delivered yesterday and left in the garage. (which was apparently open, while Josh was out playing and I was at Ry's football game) For anyone who hasn't had the privilege of touring my garage, you are missing out! It resembles Ryan's closet I wrote about a month or so ago. An elephant could be out there and you'd never find it! It's like searching for the proverbial needle in the haystack. I went and looked all over this morning and couldn't find it anywhere. I was about to file a claim when Cass said she would go out and look. Shortly, she came running in saying, "mom I found it, but I can't get it! Your tire is on it!" That's right I drove right over it and didn't notice. oops. Luckily, it was in a bag not a box, and only the corner was stuck under the tire and all was fine. I don't think Ryan with his new knowledge of driving rules will let me forget this one. I think what maybe more disturbing, is that was the first place Cass looked. Is this another insight into my driving? I was a bit relieved when I asked her why she knew to look there, she said "when I can't find something I always look under my bed first." :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That totally cracks me up! "Go look under your bed" or "Go look under the wheel!" Totally the same thing!

What the heck is UPS doing delivering to a garage anyway????

The Brown Family said...

As I read I was fearing that the package contained something fragile, but immediately necessary. Phew that it survived the van tires :)

I run things over all the time and don't know...especially in our garage- so NOTE TO UPS MAN: Brown garage IS NOT an option.

Kim