Thursday, October 16, 2008

blue flu

You would think by looking around my house tonight that everyone was coming down with something. It seemed to get more contagious with each touchdown TCU made. We had a big group of teenagers over here watching the game. I have learned an amazing thing. If you feed teenagers, particularly of the male variety they will come, and keep coming. At the beginning of the BYU season we started having football parties over here for the games. It started with just a couple teenage boys from the neighborhood, and slowly over the weeks our numbers have grown. I have discovered you don't need the largest, coolest house in the neighborhood, you don't need to have expensive toys and gadgets to draw them in, you just need food--it doesn't even necessarily need to be great food, just lots of it. Our bank account has taken a bit of a hit this football season, but it's so fun to have my kids hang out here with their friends. They will even talk to Ry and Josh's old mom if I'm forcing food on them. Tonight I set up all the food, then came upstairs for most of the game and Kelly was a trooper and handled all the craziness that ended in a sad loss. Better luck next time. By the way, you are all invited over for the next game. I'll save you a spot.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think my boys all had the Blue Flu tonight too! We are still protesting The Mountain so we had to go up to my Mom's, but next time I'll know where the party is!

Do you have chocolate???

Lucy said...

Are we invited too Val? Tay ended up upgrading our friends cable package so they could watch the game. He was sadly disappointed by the game!

laurel said...

Yes, very sad. Jay is still crying over it. I keep telling him his love can't be conditional. Sounds like you all had a VERY good time.