Saturday, August 30, 2008

Booby Trapped!

For Mark's birthday, he got this kid spy motion detector thing. It has two motion sensors and then this thing that fires plastic arrows. I joked when he opened it, that I could use it in my pantry to keep little and big fingers out of the cookies! Then I forgot about it. Well Mark finally put the batteries in it, (which would have been sooner, except I kept forgetting to buy the batteries it required) and armed it in his bedroom. He, without being asked, cleaned his room (which should have been suspicious to start with) and then came and got Kelly to come up and see how clean it really was. Kelly went up there and soon the sirens, flashing lights and flying arrows were going and Mark came down with a victorious smile on his face. By the way, he really did do a good job cleaning his room. I smiled at Mark and told him good job. I could tell by the gleam in Kelly's eye he had figured out Mark's little game, but did well playing along.

Hours later, I had forgotten all about the earlier incident. It was really late and Cass and Mark were finishing up a movie. I headed into their bedrooms to open windows and turn down their beds. When I went into Mark's room I forgot about his newly acquired security system and my heart jumped out of my chest as loud sirens, lights and flying objects surrounded me in the dark room. Mark came running around the corner into his room with his fists pumping in the air thrilled that his little system caught another intruder! So after the adrenalin rush calmed down, I am now thinking of ways to get his Uncle Tim, Aunt Terri and cousin Krista back. (they were the ones who gave him this little booby trap!)

1 comment:

laurel said...

That is pretty funny, you know. I bet Mark was so proud of himself. I really loves those noise gifts that you get from relatives. Around here we have made it a joke (with some of our relatives, who are good sports) to see who can give the noisiest, messiest or most annoying gift.