Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dinner with Friends

Last night some good friends of ours came to our house for dinner, and survived the food, the company and the late night. (at least I hope they survived) Lee and Kim Brown went to high school with me, so we have been friends for a good long while. (No, I'm not saying how long, that just ages us all!)



(Older kids playing a game-I think the girls won! Below is Kai, isn't he adorable!)




They have an incredible family who is so easy going and fun to be around. Here are some pictures of our kids playing with theirs. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of their great parents, but here you go. My kids keep asking me when they can come over again, and it isn't just Ry and Josh (who of course would want these cute girls to come back soon); Cass too keeps asking. She had a blast playing with Pearl and Grace, getting all dressed up and playing all night. She loves it when girls come to play. And who can resist Kai, who was my personal favorite to hang out with (sorry Lee and Kim). Kelly had fun visiting with Lee who also went to Thailand on his mission. I hope Kim doesn't mind, but I'm putting a link to her blog, so you can read about their journeys to China to adopt three of their beautiful children. They are inspiring stories. http://www.thebrownbulletin.blogspot.com/ (down in the left hand column, you can read, the journey of Pearl and Kai)
This is Ry and Hillary, Cass with Pearl and Grace (above); Josh and Maddie and Grace (below)

2 comments:

The Brown Family said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for the great FHE together, great food, and spending time in your home. We loved it. Maddie wants us to buy that Ticket to Ride game, she loves it so much.

Ryan and Josh, have fun at youth conference this weekend, we'll watch for the blog post!

I need to get my blog caught up and I'll post some pictures too!

Love
Kim

laurel said...

We love the Browns too! THey are such great people!