Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mark's Birthday!





We had a blast celebrating Mark's 7th birthday. I overheard him tell his cousin that this was the "coolest birthday ever!" so that put a smile on my face. We went to Brick Oven for dinner where Mark ate pasta to his heart's content. He had alfredo sauce all over his chin, I think that's a compliment in Italy isn't it? We came back to the house where we had lots of family and friends over. It became a bit chaotic, but we all had fun watching him open his presents and then share them with all his cousins. That is one thing I love about Mark, he loves to share. He likes to be social and play with others and is willing to share even his new toys with others. Cassidy melted my heart, when she went through her zoo of stuffed animals and picked her favorite little stuffed dog, which she knew Mark loved, and wrapped it and gave it to him. It doesn't matter whose birthday, or what the special occassion is, Cassidy always gives something. It can be a sweet homeade card, a picture frame, or taking one of her prized possessions and giving it away, she always teaches me that it's the giving that is important.

We had our fill of chocolate cake and had fun seeing Mark ride his new bike. He has outgrown his old bike and has wanted a new one since the Spring. When he started riding around Cassie's pink and purple bike around the neighborhood, Kelly thought that this birthday would never come soon enough!!

We appreciate living so close to our families and make lots of memories with them every time a special occassion comes around. Thanks for all those who came. We love you!




3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Looks so fun!! I wish we could be there. That is so sweet about Cass and Mark. But I don't think they learned it themselves!! Nope, from their mom!!! I know from personal experience.

laurel said...

Happy Birthday Mark!

The Brown Family said...

Happy Birthday Mark!~

It sounds like you had a great day! You'll have to let me know the next time you go to Brick Oven, I LOVE that place...it doesn't even have to be your birthday!