Thursday, August 7, 2008

Do you have an elephant in your closet?


Mark continually cracks us up around here. Yesterday Ryan was having trouble finding something; I went in to help, being the supportive parent that I am. I should have realized that my "help" wasn't what Ryan was looking for, when he said, "that's ok, mom...I don't really need it" and quickly left the room. I got suspicious of his quick departure so I opened his closet and quickly had to duck for cover! I couldn't believe all the stuff he had literally stuffed in there. I started pulling everything out into a large pile in his room (I used to hate it when my mom did that to me when I was younger. Now I get a secret thrill being the one to do it!! ) I couldn't believe the amount of stuff that came out of that closet. Later Mark was retelling the experience to Kelly. He said, "Dad, that's a great place to hide stuff, if you need a place to hide presents! An elephant could live in there and you wouldn't even see him!" We laughed about that for awhile.

2 comments:

laurel said...

I am so glad to hear that things aren't perfect at your house. I am sure we have "elephants" in our closets, but they are to filled with stuff to see them.

Lucy said...

That is classic. I think the not being able to find stuff must be a boy thing. I tell Taylor the exact place to look, he will open the closet, drawer, whatever, and if he can't see it, it is not there!