Friday, August 27, 2010

signs of the end of summer....

Tired of fighting the unwinable battle of morning glory, you give up and appreciate it's now blooming state in its natural habitat.

Fresh peach shakes start at Taco Amigo

The rare quiet house doesn't signal mischievous children, simply absent ones.

You are amazed and almost giddy that every time you walk into the kitchen between the hours of 8 and 2, it's still pristine! You walk in often just to make sure it's not your imagination having a heyday.

You long for the opportunity to dust off a jacket and experience a crisp morning or cool evening, signaling the beginning of yet another beautiful season here in Utah.

3 comments:

laurel said...

I love peach shakes!!!!

My kids start Monday. I can't wait for the clean kitchen part. Really that is the most exciting. The homework and schedule really is a bummer, but the housecleaning part is definatly a positive!!!

Kristin said...

I'm still working on the pristine kitchen, (it will probably never happen), but I've given up on the weeds, too!

The Classy Kitchen said...

It's always fun reading your cute postings! I'm surprised how far behind I've gotten! I'm wishing I was home more to enjoy that pristine kitchen! Instead I walk in at the end of the day, tired and wishing for peace. Good thing I've got Leth around to keep me going during the day! I really think you should be working with us!