Wednesday, September 1, 2010

anyone have a cow I can buy?


I have decided maybe I need to live on a farm. A cow would come in handy about now. Mark would be excited and think steak was finally in season! (joke from earlier post http://kellyandvaloriechristensen.blogspot.com/2010/03/in-season.html) But, no, I would use it for daily sustenance.

I went to the grocery store for milk today and bought 8 gallons, that might seem like I am stock piling in case cows decide to picket, but no....in a few days I will be back for eight more! Every time I go through the checkout, they inquire with shock and awe on their faces, ..."how many milk did you say you have?"

If I didn't get so tired of lugging in it one session and I had another fridge, I would buy 16! Think of the looks I would get then! Since I am not an attention getter nor do I have enduring biceps, I will settle for a couple trips a week. I guess on a positive note, in the past nearly eighteen years, only one bone has been broken in our family, despite the fact that I have three energetic, brawn before brains, boys!

5 comments:

The Brown Family said...

No, but I can help you out with eggs. Do you go through as many eggs, too??

Kim

The Hurst Family said...

WOW! I thought we drank a lot of milk. We usually only use 4 gallons. It cut back dramatically when I started fixing breakfast 4 days a week and only having cereal one school day.

Kristen said...

I can't believe that! That is a lot of milk. Jennette has a farm, they have chickens, but the cows they have, unfortunately are not for milking. PS I also can't believe you haven't been to Lake Powell, you'll have to add it to your list of things to do!

Anna Marks said...

Great!! So you mean I am going to be buying more milk than I am now when they are teenagers!! YIKES. I buy six to eight a week, and I do have another fridge in the garage! I better start saving my pennies!

Kristin said...

I've been buying 12 a week, and sometimes we run out. I get really wierd looks from the checkers, and they alway comment about it. I'm hoping we can start buying less now that Ty's gone. A man came up to me in the store one day and said "Lady, you need to get yourself a cow"! I just agreed with him!