Friday, September 24, 2010

and the answer is....

I love how the teenagers ask each other to dances. That is one thing that hasn't changed over time. I remember always wracking my brain trying to come up with some creative way to ask a guy to the dance, then waiting for an equally creative answer.

This past week Ryan asked a girl to Homecoming. He bought a package of butter, opened one cube carefully and hid a note inside the cube, then rewrapped it, put it back and resealed the package. He put her name on the outside and dropped it off on her door. After going through the package and disecting four cubes of butter, the note inside said, "look on your front porch". On the front porch was a package of microwave popcorn and a note that said, "now that I've "buttered" you up will you go to Homecoming with me?"

(I was soooo grateful eggs were not involved at this venture! ) see previous post http://kellyandvaloriechristensen.blogspot.com/2010/04/easter-egg-fiasco.html


Several days and a doorbell ring later, we found a ginormous bag of popcorn on our front porch. We spread out a tablecloth on the family room rug and dumped it out. It had some mini butterfingers in it and on one of the candy bars was a note that said, "I'd be a butterfinger not to go with you to Homecoming." Pretty creative answer to go with how he asked her. These teenagers amaze me these days! I will post dance pictures at a future date.