Wednesday, August 11, 2010

will time stop already!!

I can't believe this summer is almost over! It seems like just a couple weeks ago I was wondering how I was going to survive. I have not been a great picture taker, but I thought I'd take a moment and journal about what everyone has been up to.

Ryan, I think that is his name, we don't see much. He has been so busy taking a class online this summer, spending all kinds of crazy hours planning the next year with the Seminary Council, working two jobs and trying to find a few minutes here and there to talk to his mom. He is growing up so fast and getting more independent every day. I have started to freak out a little less at the thought that this is his last year in high school. Tomorrow, my sister, her daughter, Ryan and I are heading south to check out a University. Then next week we are going up north for a tour of another one. Eek! Ok, maybe I am still freaking out! I am so proud of this big guy of mine, he works hard, has a great head on his shoulders and helps me here when he can.

Josh, the constant comedian, has been keeping busy too. He and two of his friends decided months ago that they wanted to try out for the high school golf team. They practiced every week and every chance they got and all three made the team. Josh is so excited! I am proud of them for setting a goal and working towards it. He has been trying to earn money to fund this new adventure and is wishing he had a regular job. We are grateful for a great neighbor who has had him work with him on a couple of roofing jobs. Josh's new golf shoes, size 15, yes I did say size 15 arrived yesterday. When you have feet that big you have to special order all footwear. Thank goodness his heart and sense of humor are as big as his feet. Josh is also Mr. Social and doesn't think our house is the cool house. He is constantly at one of his friends and I am grateful that he has such wonderful friends. As a mom of a teenager, good friends for your kids is so important.

Cassidy turned twelve last month and started a whole new social schedule. She will be going to Jr. High this fall and is in Young Women's. She went to camp and youth conference just after her birthday. She paints her nails and toenails every other day, loves to talk on the phone for hours and hang out with her best friend Aubry. She is learning to be a great cookie and brownie baker and Josh and his friends are using that skill whenever they happen to stay at our house long enough. So I am extremely grateful when she bakes.

Mark got to play baseball earlier this summer and had a blast. He loves baseball. He and Kelly went to an Owls game last Sat. night and I am still hearing about their great seats and all the fun plays. He has loved cub scouts and is about to earn his wolf badge. He has had fun hanging out with his friends and cousins this summer. He will have his nine year old birthday just before school stars. My baby is nine! I think I feel another freak out moment around the corner.

This has been a fun summer and I can't believe school is just a couple weeks away. I know I will blink and Christmas will be here and then sneeze and Ry will be graduating and another summer will be starting. I don't know when life started to go in fast forward mode, but I would like it to rewind or at least pause sometime soon. If someone has the secret to slowing things down, I would love to have it.

1 comment:

The Classy Kitchen said...

Val, I always love to read your postings. Sometimes I can't believe you are my sister and I NEVER seem to get to talk to you! So, I'm grateful for your blog! It keeps me in touch with all my sweet nephews and my niece too! You know, an older friend told me once (when my babies were young) that once they hit junior high and high school time just flew. I think we are ALL seeing that now come true. My baby is five! When did that happen? Crazy! You are wonderful! I'm so glad that I have you for a sister! I couldn't of asked for a better older sister to lead the way!