Thursday, November 19, 2009

She's Back!!

I don't think I will be saying I wish for time to myself for awhile. :) It's been a long week. I'm so grateful to Kelly and the kids who did remarkable here without me. I came home to a very clean organized house. Even the laundry got done!! I would say I should go away more often but sitting at the table with my family for dinner tonight is something I want to do daily for a long time to come.

I appreciate my parents so much for letting me stay there. They made things so comfortable for me. I could hear my mom upstairs working on her many busy responsibilities (i.e. cooking a big dinner for 100 alone!), and it was so frustrating not to be able to help! I found that the best thing I could do not to feel guilty was to use my time alone to the best of my ability and I felt like I accomplished some good things during my time in isolation.

Although it is great to have chocolate again, it is far better to be home with my wonderful family. It is amazing the simple things I take for granted every day. I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to reflect on all the little things that make my life so complete and how wonderful it is to be back!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you are home!!!!!

Dione said...

I'm so glad you are back with your family! You've been through a lot! You all have!

The Johnsons said...

I am glad you get to eat chocolate now!!! I hope that everything can start being normal again. We miss you and think about you often.

Anna said...

Val, what did you do????? I'm so curious! So glad you are home where you belong!

laurel said...

I am glad you are home. I hope things continue to go well. We love you!

Melissa said...

Oh, I am so glad that this is all over for you. I too am curious as to what you did with all of your alone time. Glad you are home!

Amberly said...

i LOVE you, you know that? i'm so glad you are home. i'll have to stop by soon!

Peggy Knighton said...

Val, I can only imagine what it would be like, and I don't think that would come close to reality. We are so glad you are back home with your wonderful, supportive family. You are all AMAZING!