Friday, November 13, 2009

a "glowing" report

Well soon I'm off to the hospital to get my dose of radioactive iodine. I really find it appropriate that it is happening on Friday the 13th! I have learned several things about myself since starting this wonderful (read sarcasm into that word!) low iodine diet I've been on.

1) Something is not right in a world without chocolate.

2) When I'm told I can't eat something it makes me crave it all the more! I'm not sure what that says about my self discipline.

3) I am grumpy when I can't eat what I want.

4) I took flavor for granted. I am looking forward to salad dressing, seasoning, gravy, sauces....I am getting hungry right now, I'd better stop! :)

5) I dream of Becky's warm chocolate chip cookies and milk!.....ok enough food talk, my mind is really wandering this morning!

Most of all I have learned to appreciate science. I am so grateful that there are treatments out there that can make me better so I can appreciate all the wonderful things in life (especially chocolate) for a long time to come. I am doing really well and will be thinking of all sorts of fun things I can write about while I am in seclusion without a computer for the next week or so. Thanks again for everyone's prayers, love and support. You can all find others to help now, because I am great.

5 comments:

The Stanley's said...

You will be the cutest glow worm in Happy Valley! Soon it will all be done--yee ha! Love ya Val, you are so awesome. I hope you feel okay over the next several weeks. I'll be thinking about you as usual.

Melissa said...

Oh, it just seems wrong that you can't eat certain things, that would be the WORST. I've been thinking of you all day, I hope you are doing OK.

Love ya!

laurel said...

Good luck!!! We hope all goes well. I think I would hate the seclusion part more than the no choclate.

Dione said...

GO! FIGHT! WIN! I sure love you, Val!

Peggy Knighton said...

Hey Val, I will be looking for your updates here on your glowing report. I can't even imagine how a low-iodine diet is like. I am sure it could be worse (except for the chocolate). Good luck to you. I hope you are not too lonely in isolation!