Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gratitude


I am going to be heading out the door in a few minutes to go to the hospital for my surgery. I just wanted to take a few moments and say thank you. I was making a list of those I am going to send thank you cards to, and the list is over a page long. I have tears in my eyes, but they aren't from worry about today, they are truly tears of gratitude. I have so many incredible friends and family who have been there for me the past few weeks. Every time I seemed to struggle I would get a phone call, text or email from someone. The last few days have been the most stressful, and I can't tell you how much I have appreciated everyone who remembered that my surgery was coming and have called, dropped things off, sent me things in the mail or prayed for me and my family. I have felt the weight of this little speed bump in my life lifted so much. I have such a feeling of peace today and I know it is coming from my Heavenly Father, and all those who have prayed for me. I truly am so blessed and in awe of all that I have been given. I am so undeserving of all of these wonderful blessings, and yet so grateful. Thank you all again.

I will have Kelly post later today about the surgery and how things went.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Good luck Val, we're thinking of you. :)

Anna Marks said...

Thanks for posting! Keep us updated. We said a special prayer for you today and all the kids have been praying for you for a few weeks. We love you!

Amberly said...

i hope that everything went well. i love you so much. i appreciate your strength and admire your faith.

Melissa said...

Been thinking about you all day. You are so incredibly strong--Thank you for being such an example to me. I Love you!