Monday, October 12, 2009

WOW!

I am so spoiled! I have had so many people who have sent beautiful flowers, chocolate (totally love that!) dinners, notes, books, gift baskets.....and the list could go on and on. With the exception of the scar and stitches across my neck I would feel like I've been on vacation or that it's Christmas in October. I have not had to cook, clean, or do anything responsible for days (although on my pain meds I doubt I had the ability to do anything responsible anyway!) Kelly has been pampering me and taking care of everything. I love him so much, and couldn't go through this without him. Thanks to my wonderful sisters and cousin, who have brought meals in. I am enjoying the beautiful flower arrangements which brighten my mood everytime I look at them. I am truly overwhelmed and feel very inadequate to receive all this attention. I have been very selfish and on the receiving end of so much lately.

I am doing extremely well. My recovery has gone seamlessly and with the exception of when I glance in the mirror, I sometimes forget I had surgery just a few days ago. I still wish I had all of my energy back, but I am not on any painkillers and am so grateful for that. I go back to my surgeon on Thursday and get the stitches removed and the results of the pathology report. Then it will be meeting with a nuclear medicine doctor and scheduling my radiation. I am so grateful that even though this cancer has spread a bit, it still has an extremely good prognosis. Once I'm done being radioactive, and get my hormone levels regulated, I hope to just have to think about my cancer once a year during routine checkups. I am so fortunate.

So once again, thank all of you for everything! I pray one day I'll be able to return even a small portion of what I've been given.

3 comments:

Anna Marks said...

So glad you are doing well! We love you and are so glad everyone is taking care of you up there. Relax and take it easy!

Amberly said...

i'm so so glad. now that i know how well you are doing, i'll stop by soon with frosty's!

laurel said...

We were so sad to hear it had spread, but are so grateful that things are still positive. We are praying for you and are so glad to read you are happy and doing well.