Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Kelly!!


Top Ten Reasons why I'm Glad Kelly is a year older....

10. He always gets to get older first, and if I like how he does it, I'll follow.

9. As you age, your eyes start to go...that means the older he gets, the better I look!

8. As we age our memory weakens, so he won't remember all the stuff I do wrong!
(are we sensing a pattern here?)

7. Banana Cream Pie is easier than decorating barbie and race car birthday cakes!

6. I get an excuse to buy him a power tool to use later in a honey do project.

5. We get to go out to eat so I don't have to cook!

4. I have someone to fix the garbage disposal after I get through breaking it, or kill creepy crawly, scurrying things.

3. I have a shoulder to cry on when I'm having a mom pity party!

2. I get to hold a hand during scary parts in a movie, or just any darn time I want!

1. I get another year of unlimited hugs, kisses, smiles, laughter and winks from an incredible man.

As you can see, I am very selfish about Kelly having birthdays. I know I get more presents than he does! Kelly I love you so much and I'm grateful for every year we get to celebrate wrinkles, gray hair and uncooperative joints together (as long as you always have them first)!!

3 comments:

laurel said...

Happy b-day!!1 I think you look great at your age.;)

The Brown Family said...

I love your tribute to Kelly, Val. Happy Birthday Kelly!

Kim

Kristin said...

I had to laugh when I read your post about Kelly, cause Rob just barely finished fixing the disposal after I accidentallly broke it. Husbands sure come in handy! I hope it was a happy b-day!