Saturday, October 23, 2010

wisdom comes with age....really?


There is a saying that goes something like this:
with age comes wisdom, but that is completely amiss.
For the older I get in this aging body of mine;
the more my mind seems to go into a decline!

Can you be wise and not remember? I wonder some days;
for at times I wander around in a bit of a haze.
Why did I come in this room after all?
Is there a reason a child’s name I can’t recall?

The calendar once was my helper and salvation,
important reminders all at one location!
But lately even things written in black and white,
can vacate my memory without even a fight.

This past week proved one good example after another;
forgotten carpools, church meetings and who knows what other.
In the past, my brain would take small vacations at times;
but it’s now taking long leave of absences , am I past my prime?

So, here I am back at my original question-
Can you be wise while your brain is in a recession?
I can only hope that if some small insight I express;
stays in the mind of a child, then I might be a success.

7 comments:

The Stanley's said...

Did you write this poem for me? I swear it is a biography of my brain. I so enjoyed it and the best part is knowing I am not alone.

The Johnsons said...

I love your posts!! :) I feel like that everyday!! I blame it on children!

P.S. I want to see a picture of cassie's hair cut!!

Kristin said...

I didn't know you were such a poet! Cute post. And no, you are not past your prime! :)

laurel said...

I am been missing my brain for along time. Just ask anyone in my house.

Peggy Knighton said...

As evidenced by your clever poem, your brain seems very bright to me! You must have been referring to my brain! You are so amazing!

The Classy Kitchen said...

Here is yet another cute poem! I love your creativity. You never cease to amaze me! Sure was fun listening to you vent today! :)

Rachael Anderson said...

So funny! Thanks, Val!