Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cassidy's Birthday!

Cassidy's official birthday was yesterday. She turned 12 and is headed into Young Women's. She gets to go to girls camp next week, and I'm sad I won't be there with her. She had a party with her friends yesterday and today we celebrated as a family tonight when Josh and Kelly got home from scout camp. We went to her favorite restaurant, Brick Oven, and she stood on a chair while the servers sang to her
We came home and she opened her presents and had lemon cake with ice cream. Poor girl has been sick with a big bad cold this week so she didn't want to contaminate her cake. So she just got one candle on her piece to blow out. Just that sent her into a coughing fit. The last present was the beautiful nightstand Kelly made. Josh put a big gift bag on her head while it was brought into the room. She loves it! I am so grateful for Kelly and his talents. Now she has a beautiful piece of furniture custom made from her dad.
I love this little girl of mine. She is so happy and cheerful and makes everyone smile who is around her. She loves to babysit and play with younger kids. She takes such time and attention with them and they love her. She is a big help around the house and likes to learn how to cook, crochet and do crafts. She is a delight and I am so grateful she is part of our family. The girls have to stick together around here. :)

6 comments:

The Johnsons said...

That is a beautiful night stand. I want one!! Actually 2. :)

laurel said...

Happy b-day!!! 12 is such a milestone. Cassidy looks so much like you Val! Your smiles are the same.

I can't believe your hubby made that. Wow. Very talented. We wouldn't even know where to begin on something like that.

Rachael Anderson said...

Happy Birthday, Cass! Watch out YW! :) And Kelly, that's a beautiful nightstand! Great character, and I love the legs. Cass is a lucky girl to have such talented parents. Love you guys!

Anna Marks said...

Cassidy is such a special girl, Happy Birthday!! And her present from Kelly and you is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm going to have Seth take a look at that! I think I need a few of those.

The Stanley's said...

Happy belated birthday Cassidy. I don't think Brother Stanley is okay with the fact that you are growing up! : )

Ryan Christensen said...

Once again, I recieve no credit whatsoever for also helping to make something cool.