Monday, May 17, 2010

Simple Joys....


Sunshine. Sunshine. Sunshine!

A hug and "I love you mom" from my eight year old

Seeing a sweet little aging married couple holding hands and their canes while they walked.

Trying a new recipe and having it work!

A seventeen year old son, who randomly and without provocation, cleaned the most unorganized room in the house (no, it's not even his room!) just to say a belated Happy Mother's Day.

A husband who tells me I am beautiful despite what the mirror and scale say.

A flowerbed free of weeds (at least for today).

A daughter playing a hymn on a piano that desperately needs tuning.

An empty laundry basket. (we know that will only last five minutes!)

Brightly painted toenails

A a quiet day to think of my many blessings and then the noise the kids make coming home to tell me about their day.

(I want you all to notice that chocolate was not on my list! I am being good today!)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Way to look at the positive things. Sounds like a lovely day.

laurel said...

Great list! Sometime, like today when the sun has gone away, it is important to thing of the good things. Thanks for the reminder. And the 19th is great!!!!