Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to my mom...

This is but a small gift for you on Mother’s day.
It’s designed to be a symbol of what I want to convey.

I could have brought you cut flowers that are beautiful right now-
but their beauty and enjoyment would only a few days allow.

So instead, I brought you seeds that will take some work along the way,
before their beauty will be realized and they will multiply and stay.

To me this represents what you’ve done for me throughout my life.
Someone that has quietly sown seeds here and there and often pulled weeds of strife.

Your work was often unappreciated and the result took years to tell;
but as you look in the faces and lives of your children, I hope you’ll realize you’ve excelled.

For what once were dirty faces, tantrums and teenage rebellion;
has now evolved into temple marriages and an abundance of grandchildren.

This did not happen by mere coincidence
But through daily sowing seeds of faith and patience that was immense.

So today as you look at these packets of simple unsown seeds
I want to thank for not taking a life full of comfort and ease.

For realizing that eternity takes much time and effort to create,
and your divine role of mother is something you never did forsake.

I love my mom, she is an incredible example to me. I am so blessed to have the privilege of being her daughter.

3 comments:

The Classy Kitchen said...

Val, that was so sweet! You are a talented poem writer and creative story teller. Oh, and a WONDERFUL sister! Happy Mothers Day to you...you are definitely following in moms footsteps. I love you!

The Brown Family said...

I love that post! Happy Mother's day.

Kim
PS I also love your new blog look and photo at the beach!!

laurel said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!