Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Hobby


Before I had my radiation and had to be isolated for awhile, I learned a new hobby...how to crochet. I started with mittens and bandages for the humanitarian efforts in other countries, and it has grown into something that is getting out of control. I have had fun looking up patterns online and making scarfs, hats, headbands and accessories. I now can't go to walmart without leaving with several skeins of yarn and different sizes of crochet hooks. I am getting quite the collection, but it has been fun to have something to create and work on during these yucky cold months. I think Cassie, and my nieces and nephew are getting tired of all my creations. I hear the first step to overcoming an addiction is admitting to a problem. Hence this blog entry. :) Thanks for all my cute models (Cass, her friend Rachel, my two nieces Jaydee and Jessa, and a nephew Max)

7 comments:

Anna said...

These are so darling, my visiting teaching companion was just talking about these cute crochet roses/flowers last week! You are so talented, you'll have to teach me!!

Dione said...

First of all, Happy Birthday Val! I've always though February would be a good month to be born!

Secondly, this hobby of yours is fantastic! I used to be able to crochet, but I can't quite remember. The afghan I plan on making for McKenna and Jeff is still in the "ready to pull it back out" stage.

Amberly said...

have i not told you about my crochting obsession?! i'm making a wicked blanket. good thing we are awesome!

The Hurst Family said...

Great obsession to have. Wish my obsessions (t.v. and reading) produced something beautiful like yours does.

Amy, Dan and Ryan said...

Those are adorable! I'm impressed by your skill too! Do you take requests? ;)

The Brown Family said...

Ahhh! When I first glanced at the title I thought it said New Hubby and I freaked out.

Now that I've settled....Hills and Maddie are totally jealous. I think they are super cute, too.

And I'm glad that Kelly hasn't been *totally* replaced :)

Kim

laurel said...

That is so great. They are beautiful. We want to teach the young women how to make the flowers so they can use them as assecories to hats, jackets etc. Are they too hard?