Thursday, June 18, 2009

Valorie and Camping....



These two words in the same sentence should strike fear in anybody who has gone camping with me. I know it's hard to believe but......I am not a camper. :) Don't get me wrong, I think the outdoors are beautiful, and there are so many incredible things out there to see---I just wish they were more accessible to someone like me. The following is a list of reasons of why camping and I should stay a respectable distance apart.

I love the outdoors, I just don't like to wear the outdoors

I appreciate the fact that God created all creatures large and small, but likes to admire them from a distance especially the man eating, creepy crawly, stinging, biting or slithering variety.

I am addicted to bubble baths and last time I checked no inflatable tubs were available. Good idea, although finding hot water to fill the thing, could prove to be tedious.

I enjoy the ability to regulate climate control with the push of a button.

Dirt and bugs...did I mention them already?

I am not a fan of extra protein in my food that wasn't originally part of the recipe.

I have an affinity to being clean!

However, the most important reason I feel camping and I don't get along is...

I was sent to this earth in a place and time of modern conveniences. Heavenly Father had good reason for doing this, so who am I to change that? :)

Girls camp is coming up next week. Although from the above list I sound like some unappreciative girly girl, I truly am not. I do not have separation anxiety from make-up, and perfect hair just bathtubs. :) Although I struggle with some things about camping, I do know what a beautiful world we live in and I am looking forward to seeing some wonderful things as we go to Moab next week. Plus I get to spend time with 40 incredible young women. I just had to take a moment and poke fun of myself and my concerns about experiencing the great outdoors so up close and personal.

5 comments:

The Stanley's said...

Next week, hey? I hear it is going to be HOT!! And don't worry while down there last week I bit into my carrot stick, chewed, and thankfully looked before I bit again. A gnat. They were abundant. I am pretty positive they are a staple down there. I'm sure I ate sevreral. I am REALLY looking forward to your posting of girls camp!! Have fun! Love ya

The Johnsons said...

You make me laugh!!!! I miss you and can't wait to see you soon. Have fun at girls camp

Amberly said...

i love you. i'm getting more excited for camp. and you should be SO excited to get to spend time with me! just kidding. seriously though, it will be great, and i will look out for any bugs or anything. :)

The Hurst Family said...

Valorie-Girls camp isn't REAL camping. The spirit takes all the negatives out of it. Have a great time and enjoy my girls for me. I think I'm going to invite myself next year so I can go with all 3 of my girls. I hope Nichole doesn't mind. I might even volunteer to be the cook. Thats the only thing I haven't done at girls camp is be in charge of food. We'll see how the spirit moves me. RaeAnn

laurel said...

By the sound of it....we are soul mates. I see why I like you. To me camping is the Marriott. We have girls camp in August. I like you, am worried. Good luck next week!!