Saturday, June 6, 2009

back in time...


Today, Kelly, Ryan and Mark had the opportunity to dress as Union soldiers from the Civil War era and march in a parade firing black powder rifles. (The younger kids carried toy guns, in case you think I've completely lost my mind!) They had a large cannon also and had a great time. I guess this group is going to be doing a few parades this summer so they will get lots of practice. I have decided these men of mine looked pretty good in uniform! Of course I think they would wear anything if they got to make a lot of noise while doing so. What is it with boys and exploding things?


7 comments:

Anna Marks said...

So fun!! They look great and what a wonderful way to learn history, love it!

laurel said...

That is so totally cool. What an amazing thing to do!

The Hurst Family said...

That's cool Valorie. My dad is a Civil War nut. He would love that. Great collage by the way. RaeAnn

The Brown Family said...

I would have loved to see you...we were on the other end of the parade :)

Can't wait to get together this week!

Kim

Tim said...

Kelly,

I have one word for you. "Kenny Huff".

Research him. Be careful and have fun.

Tim

The Stanley's said...

You just may need to lock Ryan up!
Very handsome boys!

Seth said...

Sheesh Kelly I knew you were old but I really had no idea!