Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cassidy's Ballroom Dance Recital


Our sweet little Cassie had her first ballroom recital this week. Her elementary school has a ballroom dance team, and after 10 weeks of practice they did very well. They learned the basics in Meringue, Tango, Cha Cha and Fox Trot. Next semester, she will have some little competitions and more performances with costumes. We were really proud of her. During the recital, Ryan leaned over to Kelly and said, "how do you feel about some boy holding your little girls hand!" I'm sure as long as Cassie's least favorite thing about ballroom is holding a boys hand, as it is now, we will be fine.


4 comments:

laurel said...

Fabulous! Austin takes ballroom too. I think it is terrific and your daughter is so darling. The boys that get to be her partner and very lucky.

The Andersons: said...

You have a dancer? Wow! Just remind her that they take points off for shoulder pads....

The Stanley's said...

The first picture is priceless! I admire anyone who can dance. She looks very confident.

Anderson Clan said...

Go Cass! What a cutie! Kudos to your school also. I don't think I've ever heard of an elementary school offering a ballroom dance class. :) I hate to break it to you, Val, but I don't think she's always going to hate holding hands with a boy. :)