Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm Grateful....




For a holiday that makes me pause and think of all the blessings I have.

For the last rose of summer, that fought through the frost.

For my little boy who loves my cookies so much there is evidence left all over his face as he smiles a thank you.

For all of my four sweet children all tucked in their beds safe and sound at the end of the day.

For a home, that is definitely lived in and enjoyed.

For an abundant waistline that comes from never being hungry.

For wonderful neighbors and friends, who keep me feeling safe and valued.

For a husband that treats me like a Queen and entertains us all as the Court Jester.

For my body, that is starting to show and creak it's age, but can still keep up with my children and 13 beautiful young women.

For the ability to feel cold, sad, frustrated and tired, so that I can appreciate warmth, joy, contentment and vitality.

For the privilege of living in a wonderful country, and the freedom to stand for my values, even though it isn't always popular.

For the examples and love of others who show me the way, and then forgive me when I stumble.

For a loving and contiunally giving Heavenly Father who is there even when I forget to be grateful.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Val, I absolutely LOVED that! I even laughed out loud at the "abundant waistline". I am now going to look at it as a blessing! You have made me stop and count my blessings today--Thank You!

The Stanley's said...

You are very thoughtful. There is so much to be thankful for and you captured some very beautiful highlights. I hope you and your family have a very happy Thanksgiving.

Anna Marks said...

Val, you are such a gift to have in my life, thank you for those thoughts of gratitude! I needed that today!

The Brown Family said...

Val,

That was exactly what I needed to read tonight.

Thank you!

Love
Kim

laurel said...

The first feast was at Thanksgiving Point. They do it every year. The last Friday, Saturday and MOnday before Thanksgiving.