Sunday, July 12, 2009

Marks Family Reunion


The Marks family reunion was held this last week in Island Park Idaho. For an entire week we had fun in the beautiful mountain weather while seeing Yellowstone, playing in the lodges, 4 -wheeling, boating and games. It was a marvelous week. I am the oldest of eight in my family, and all of my siblings except my youngest sister and her family (she just had a baby two weeks ago) were there. We sure missed the Johnson's though.

Ryan, due to our ward Youth Conference Pioneer Trek, was only there the first couple days, as was Kelly. So when you don't see much of them in the pictures that is the reason. My parents have thirty grandchildren, 28 of which were there last week, so it was a great time for cousins to play and have fun.

Island Park is so beautiful. It was a switch to go to a small fishing town of 215. No cell phones, internet access, or malls within miles. :) At first it might not be the definition of vacation, but after a few days of separation anxiety it was great to get a break from typical distractions, and figure out that you can have a good time without that. Although we did have TV's, hot tubs and pool tables so we weren't roughing it that badly. :) I finally found out the way to be in the outdoors without BEING in the outdoors. I enjoyed the comforts of the lodges but loved to walk outside and just be in the mountains.

We were grateful for my sister Rachael, and her husband Jeff. They had the great boat and everyone had a blast doing everything from skiing to tubing. We even finally persuaded Mark to try to go out in a tube if his big brother Josh went with him. Josh was a great trooper. And did what he could on his crutches. He had x rays right before we left and his broken ankle is healing but fragile. He took it easy and is gradually getting better.

I am so grateful to my parents for spending the time and financial means to schedule and organize this great vacation. It was wonderful to be able to spend time with my siblings and their families and make some wonderful memories.

5 comments:

Anderson Clan said...

I love how you laid out all the pictures. I want Kelly's camera. The shots were beautiful! When you get a sec, do you mind emailing me some of the pictures of our kids? Thanks!

The Johnsons said...

Cute pictures! I am sad I missed it! Maybe next year. :) We miss you guys.

The Hurst Family said...

Great Post Valorie. Don't you love collages. Lots of pictures in not alot of space. Your family sounds like mine. Big, loud, loving and fun.

Amberly said...

i just like you so much. i love island park. ps, you owe me a frosty. :)

laurel said...

Hey we have a cabin in Island Park about 1/2 mile from Mack's Inn. We were there over the 4th. We love it there too. YOu all look like you had a marvelous time! And what a HUGE family. With only 2 sbilings are get togethers are fairly small.