Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Cassie!

Cassie was born 11 years ago yesterday. Our first and only girl. We were so excited to start buying pink, bows and all things frilly. She has always been a daddy's girl and still calls Kelly "daddy" instead of dad especially when she wants something. When she was younger she had lots of curls and a smile that stopped traffic. She still has the same smile, and spunky sense of humor. She has always been great with younger children, and can entertain them for hours. Still half of the kids that come to our house under 6 ask if they can play with Cassie. She loves to bake and help me in decorating and craft projects. She is a little daredevil and loves roller coasters and doing upside down gymnastics moves. She definitely did not get that from me. However she did inherit a love of shoes, shopping and pedicures so I guess I did contribute something to the gene pool. :) Cass I love you so much and I'm so glad you are part of our family.


Cassie had a fun day yesterday. I took her out to breakfast at Kneaders and Ry took her out for lunch and then our family went out for Dinner at Brick Oven, her favorite place. Then we came back to the house where family and friends came to watch her open presents and eat cake and ice cream. Her dad spent long hours in his workshop over the last week, making the gorgeous mahogany jewelry box for all her cute accessories. It was truly a labor of love, and one she will always treasure. Not many daughters get homemade gifts from their dad. She was so excited and gave her dad a big hug. She helped me decorate her cupcakes and made cute flowers and butterflies. Girls know how to have fun at our house. I hope you had a great day Cass!


2 comments:

Dione said...

I zoomed in on the pictures - Kelly did a fantastic job on the jewelry box! I didn't know he had that talent! Cassie is such a beautiful girl. Can you believe one more year and she'll be a Young Woman? She does have a great smile!

laurel said...

Happy birthday to you!!!!