Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ry the science guy!


Ryan has always loved math and science. This year was his first year in Chemistry. To say he loved it would be an understatement. He recently received an award at BYU for the top first year Chemistry student at his high school. High schools were represented throughout Utah county all the way to St. George. He was happy with the award, but the best part for him was getting to be on his favorite campus, getting a tour of the chem building and seeing things blow up and other experiments. After it was over Kelly and I walked with him around campus and remembered our days there. Congratulations Ryan!

6 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

Have there been any home explosions yet? I liked Chemistry too, but I'm pretty sure it was Mrs. O'Toole (ex-nun and all around fabulous teacher) and not the subject matter that I loved. RaeAnn

The Brown Family said...

Lee was in my chemistry class at OHS, so that was one good thing about it-but honestly I wish I would have listened more because in college I really needed help!

Congrats Ryan! You must also be good with math, because don't you need to make sure the equations work out, not just mix things together and see what happens??

Kim

Anna said...

Congrats Ry, that is AWESOME!! But the picture has me hyperventilating!! Those days in that building were tough, I'm so glad they're over.

The Stanley's said...

congrats Ryan. That is a big honor. Katherine took Chemistry this year too. :) I don't think she'll do that again.

Tim said...

Ah yes I remember in a house in South Jordan, where a young budding scientist named Ryan did his first experiment with heat and water. That is to say he sprayed the light bulbs in the dining room chandelier with water from a spray bottle just to see what would happen. Guess he has been scientisting all his life.

Tim

laurel said...

Wow. He can do everything. What a catch!