Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You know you are another year older when....


Your nephew asks you how old you are and upon telling him he says he can't count that high.

Your children think that TV's weren't invented at the time of your birth.

Your body creaks more than a haunted house.

You aren't sure what your natural hair color is anymore.

When your younger siblings say, "when I'm your age, you'll be a grandma!"

You forget more than you remember.

You put the cold cereal in the fridge and the milk in the pantry....(ok, that's been happening for years!)

You remember how to kneel down, but forget how to get up.

You can gain five pounds by opening the fridge. (not that the empty container of cookie dough has anything to do with it)

Grateful your birthday isn't in the summer, because the candles on your cake would cause a major fire hazzard.

Seriously, I had a wonderful birthday thanks to great friends and family who helped make it memorable (at least until I forget it) I'm grateful for my life, my health and my family. That is the best birthday present in the world.

8 comments:

laurel said...

Happy Birthday! You forgot to add, You know you are another year older when you are wiser and your friends are happier that you are in their lives. Have a great day!!!

The Brown Family said...

I'm glad that you had a fun day!

I don't like Facebook AT ALL- I can't figure it out and I don't like that if I comment it could show up in email inboxes of people I don't even know, but my 'friends' know....but Facebook is the reason that I knew your b-day! So there is one good check mark for the facebook :)

Kim

Anna Marks said...

Happy Birthday Val, I wish I was there to take you to lunch! You're such a great sister and a great example to me of how to love others! I love and miss you!

Dione said...

This gave me a good laugh - because it hits home! But look at you, you look better than ever!

laurel said...

Could you email me what you did at the Luau you had for your Beehives? laurel@networkprovidersinc.com

Tim said...

Happy birthday from Tim's family.

Tim

Melissa said...

Oh, that made me laugh! I especially like the part "where you forget more than you remember." That is so how I feel lately. I'm glad that you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

Val - I love it! You crack me up!!! I'm glad you are writing all these thoughts down for us all to enjoy - if I want a good laugh, I just need to read your blog!