Saturday, September 27, 2008

Women's Conference

I wanted to go to the church and see the women's conference broadcast, but a few of us including myself are down with a flu bug today. I ended up watching it in my sweats, on my bed. It was great and what I needed to hear. My favorite talk was by President Uchtdorf. I think we all look at our faults and fail to see our triumphs. He had a great humorous tender way that helped me focus on others instead of my failings. I do know that service is the way to happiness, but his words were a good modivation and a gentle caution to not listen to the negative from within ourselves, but to turn our efforts to others and we will be happy. We are so fortunate as women to have general authorities that always put emphasis on our value as women and what we have to offer our families, neighbors and communities. Even though I feel awful, my spirit was lifted my the messages tonight. I hope all you women had the chance to hear the talks tonight.

2 comments:

laurel said...

I missed it. Dang!

The Brown Family said...

I was at Laurel's house when it was actually going, so that's why Laurel missed it...but I did tivo it and watched later.

I LOVE Sister Beck. Not only does she have the best hair EVER in Relief Society (ditto when she was in YW) but I love the messages she shares. I think she is courageous to share what the Lord would have her teach.

And Pres. Uchtdorf, what a great talk! I agree that his way of teaching can reach so many. I loved his talk also.

This meeting is one of my favorites of conference each year. I always feel so empowered to be a member of something so great and worldwide.

Hope you start feeling better!

Love
Kim