Thursday, October 6, 2011

losing my mind, the sequel...

Typically, there is a bit of time between sequel’s in books and movies; unfortunately, that doesn’t hold true in my life as anyone who knows me, can attest. Many of you who read this blog regularly (thank goodness it’s not many) might think one person cannot possibly have so many brain lapses; unfortunately, my life continues to prove otherwise.

The following experience happened the day after I posted the “losing my mind” entry a couple weeks ago; however, I felt I needed a little time to elapse before I confessed it. A sense of humor is very necessary in this sometimes gloomy world we live in, so I have learned to find it wherever I can. I am just fortunate that my own life affords me so many opportunities to smile.

I was so excited about coming out of the grocery store one morning and spotting the van right away. Usually, some hunting is required. I must be having a good day, I think. I promptly loaded my groceries in the back of the van, put the cart away, and walked around and sat down in the driver’s seat, only to notice some feather thing dangling from the rearview mirror. Assuming a car decorator hadn’t visited while I was shopping, I looked around the van and upon careful inspection, I realized that yet again, I had lost my mind. I was in the wrong van!

I have to clarify that this van was identical to my van-- apparently half of Utah County shares my taste in vehicles-- but sadly, my van was three parking spaces to the north. What are the chances of two identical vans parked in close proximity to one another, and both drivers not locking their doors? The odds are pretty darn good, if one of the drivers is me.

Frantically I grabbed a cart, reloaded the groceries, all the while looking for witnesses to my debacle and praying that the real owners of the van wouldn’t at any minute appear with the police in tow. Thankfully, I successfully made the transfer with no one the wiser unless someone took video evidence they are planning on putting on YouTube. Just think I could be the next viral phenomenon. Good grief! What am I going to do next? Stay tuned because as certain as the sun rises each day, sooner than later, I will post yet another sequel in this series.

(Laurel, I have another entry for the dumbest thing you ever did contest, should you ever decided to hold it again on your blog!)

3 comments:

The Stanley's said...

Val, I wake up every day trying to find something to smile about. Today you came through for me baby!!!

laurel said...

Oh my gosh! Hysterical.

The Daniel Family said...

You crack me up! I have to look for the stuff hanging from my mirror and the sticker on the back window so I won't do something similar!